Posted August 22nd, 2023
Sending Money to Nepal from the UAE from The Palm of Your Hand
Did you hear about the competition between Mount Everest and the remittance fees exchange houses charge when expats want to send money to Nepal from the UAE? It’s a close race because, just like Everest’s peak keeps growing due to unnoticeable tectonic activity, unreliable money transfer vendors keep increasing their fees with every transfer.
To make matters worse, some vendors add hidden fees that are harder to spot than a Yeti on a mountain.
For many, it’s hard to send money to Nepal from the UAE, not because of the lack of available remittance services but because of the difficulty of deciding on the right one. While traditional bank transfer methods are still functional, the internet has brought many other methods and provided easy access through mobile phones and web browsers.
When sending remittances internationally, everyone looks for a reliable vendor they can trust their money with, and Nepalis are no exception.
Expats from Nepal living in the UAE look for a money transfer method that guarantees quality service with these features:
- Instant money transfers
- Transparent exchange rates and transfer fees
- Less redundant work every time a new transfer is made
In this article, we’ll cover the following:
- Things to keep in mind when sending money to Nepal from the UAE
- How to send money to Nepal easily and securely with Hubpay
1. Things to keep in mind when sending money to Nepal from the UAE
When sending money to loved ones in Nepal, it is important to select an appropriate remittance service and be mindful of the following factors:
1. Research remittance vendors
To select among the available transfer companies, conducting comprehensive research on the different service providers, including their exchange rates and transfer fees, is recommended. A summary of the results helps to compare and easily make an informed decision.
2. Choose a licensed service provider
To avoid falling victim to one of the many scams out there, it’s important to choose a legitimate service provider in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) that has the proper licensing and authorization.
Stop and think if it sounds too good to be true; it probably isn’t. If you come about money transfer services that advertise “no commission”, ask yourself if their exchange rates are correct or not.
3. Always double check
Providing incorrect recipient information while transferring money is common.
In such cases, it is possible to wait a considerable amount of time for the bank to process the transfer only to get the money sent back. Additionally, confirming the correct information from the recipient may also take some time.
2. How to send money to Nepal easily and securely with Hubpay
Hubpay is an online money transfer mobile app available for people in the UAE to send money to many countries worldwide (besides other financial services).
- Send money to Nepal anytime and anywhere from your mobile phone.
- Enjoy fast, reliable, and secure money transfers with Hubpay.
- Get competitive exchange rates and low fees for your transactions.
- Track your transfers in real-time and receive instant notifications.
- Save time and money compared to traditional remittance methods.
- Trust Hubpay's advanced security features and fraud prevention measures.
- Enjoy a hassle-free and convenient money transfer experience.
The following are the basic steps to follow to start sending money abroad with Hubpay.
1. Get the Hubpay app
2. Create a free account
Once you have downloaded the app, you can create an account with just your phone number. Users must also scan their Emirates ID to verify their identity per the UAE’s know-your-customer (KYC) requirements.
3. Activate security measures
Hubpay implements two security measures to ensure the highest level of protection for users’ accounts and data
Using a one-time password (OTP)
In the one-time password method, users receive a new password via SMS whenever they want to access Hubpay.
Biometric data scanning for facial features or fingerprints offers an extra layer of security for Hubpay. It makes it impossible to access a user’s account without their permission.
Anyway, the good thing about Hubpay is its flexibility, enabling users to choose between the OTP or the biometric security measure.
4. Connect the bank account
After setting up the account and verifying one’s identity, the next step is connecting the Hubpay account with a funding source. For that, users need to follow these steps:
- On the homepage, click “Add Money,” and a new pop-up tab, ”link your bank account,“ will appear.
- In the “link your bank account” tab, click “Get started.”
- A new tab, ”Set up Payments,” shows up; click on the bottom blue button, ”Set up Payments,” then “Select a bank.”
This step is very important because users need to do it only with the first transfer. Their bank account will be automatically connected with their Hubpay account.
So, to finalize this step, pick a bank and fill in all the required information, like the account name and number.
5. Add money to Hubpay’s mobile wallet
Once the bank account is linked to Hubpay, it’s possible to start sending money in AED to Hubpay’s mobile wallet. On the app’s homepage, click on the “+” sign in the top right corner and input the amount of money.
Once the user approves the payment amount, it will be immediately added to their Hubpay mobile wallet. Repeat this process whenever needed without re-entering the bank account information.
6. Send international remittances
Select Nepal from the homepage, and Hubpay will clearly display the current exchange rate between AED and Nepalese Rupee (NPR) and the total cost of the transfer. Moreover, users don’t need to do any manual AED to USD exchange operations before the transfer.
Use the blue “Send Money” button at the bottom of the homepage to remit money after entering the recipient’s bank information and the desired money amount. Hubpay asks the sender to review the details to ensure everything is set up correctly. Once the transaction is confirmed, the specified amount will be sent directly to the recipient’s bank account.
7. Enjoy Hubpay’s extra features
Use Hubpay’s online chat to directly communicate with the recipient in real-time.
Use the transaction history tab on the home page to view the status of every transaction made. It offers an estimated completion time for pending transactions and all relevant details about previous transactions.
Use the Add-on services to access extra financial services, including international bill payment in Nepal and the United Arab Emirates without a credit card or Visa.
Additionally, you can recharge your phone and that of your family members using the international mobile recharge service.
[Do you want to send money to Nepal from the UAE in a convenient way? Download the Hubpay app for free on the Apple store or Google playstore to enjoy low-fees international money transfers, international bill payments, and mobile recharges.]
- Some expats from Nepal face difficulties sending money back home from the UAE.
- Common mistakes when sending money from the UAE to Nepal include insufficient research, dealing with an unlicensed company, and providing incorrect payment details.
- The Hubpay app is a free-to-download, secure, and fast way to send money abroad.